- New Build 4 Storey Extension to the main Hospital – Value £29m
- Working with multiple stakeholders at Pennine Acute NHS Foundation Trust to meet End User requirements.
- Procure22 Framework, NEC 3 Option C.
- Complex enabling works to create a pathway to commence main works.
Pennine Acute NHS FT want to extend their existing main hospital building to construct a new ward block, providing 48 new beds across four storeys. The scheme involves complex enabling works to relocate clinical departments and demolish existing dilapidated estate.
DAY PM were appointed as Project Managers to take over from the incumbent PM’s after the scheme had stalled. We initiated a “first 100 days” approach to turning the project around, as the enabling schemes were not being progressed, despite these being Critical Path items. The project team was disjointed. We implemented a collaborative working strategy to pull the project together and successfully brought the scheme back onto programme and budget within the initial 100 day period.
The scheme is being delivered via the ProCure22 Framework. The collaboration we have fostered in a short period of time between the client, the contractor and the design team is testament to the approach we take to framework co-operation.
- Close liaison with key Clinical, Operational and Estates Teams to agree the design and prepare for construction activities on a live Hospital Estate.
- Worked alongside the Design Team and Planning Consultant to secure planning approval in July 2020 and discharge associated planning conditions.
- Led the delivery of an affordable GMP via the P22 procurement route within a tight timeframe to meet business case approval requirements
- Regularly reporting progress to the Client team on programme, cost and quality.
- Managing change requests throughout design and construction phase.
- Assess progress against the Contractor’s Design and Build NEC Programme.
- Arrange, monitor and record design approvals and progress in accordance to the project Programme, taking into account Employer’s Requirements such as a BREEAM rating of ‘Excellence’.
- Manage the enabling works packages to ensure they are delivered in line with the master Phase 4a Programme requirements.