- 4-Phase Expansion / Extension / Remodel to a live Theatres Suite – Value £6m
- Working with multiple stakeholders at Pennine Acute NHS Foundation Trust to meet End User requirements.
- Negotiated Contractor Appointment via the Construction Impact Framework
Pennine Acute Trusts needed to relocate their Orthopaedic Surgery to the Bury site and had a challenging programme to achieve this. The scheme involved creation of two new Operating Theatres in an existing Theatre Department, as well as refurbishment of two wards, creation of a new rooftop extension for staff changing and offices, creation of a new Theatre Reception space and the installation of a new link bridge corridor.
DAY PM immediately identified that the only way to achieve the fast-track programme was via a direct award to a contractor. The client chose the Construction Impact Framework to appoint a suitable experienced contractor, and we led the team in developing the design in collaboration with the clinical teams and contractor. Enabling works commenced on site in early 2020 as planned and are on course to deliver the new Theatres in August, with the remaining works following on in a phased manner.
The decision to direct award via CIF was implemented swiftly, and we worked in an open-book manner with the contractor to develop the price in accordance with the fast-track programme. The contract sum was agreed without issue and works are progressing to a high standard on site, in accordance with the original programme, despite being in an intense clinical environment under the shadow of Covid-19.
- Collaborative working with both the Client and Main Contractor to deliver the Theatre refurbishments during the first lockdown phase of the Covid pandemic. Works finished on programme and under budget.
- Overseeing the successful delivery of first Phase of works lead to a number of additional projects.
- Coordinating a numerous works packages across the hospital estates simultaneously
- Regularly reporting progress to the Client team on programme, cost and quality.
- Managing change requests throughout design and construction phase.