- New Build 26,909.79 sq ft - 2 floor of New Teaching Spaces in 2023
- Food & Beverage Offering
- Engineering Laboratory
- IT Teaching Spaces
- Digital Library
- External Works
DAY PM were appointed on behalf of the University of Cumbria to provide Project Management Services regarding proposals to develop a new Barrow Campus, adjacent to the BAE Systems Submarine Academy for skill and knowledge on Buccleuch Dock Road, Barrow Island, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
The proposed development is a key element of the Barrow Learning Quarter (BLQ), which is a partnership between the University of Cumbria, Furness College, Barrow Borough Council, BAE Systems, and local businesses. The BLQ seeks to enhance progression into and participation in higher education within the Barrow-in-Furness region. The new university campus seeks to deliver higher education locally, focusing on developing higher education skills that are in demand for advanced manufacturing businesses in and around Barrow and south-west Cumbria. This is a key regeneration scheme for the town, backed by Town Deal Funding.
- Liaise with appointed Planning Consultants, Design Team, and Client Team to manage and discharge associated planning conditions.
- Collaboratively work with tier contractors to ensure key program deadlines are met.
- Work with the Design & Client Team to target a planning permission.
- Develop a single stage Design and build a Procurement route with Tier Construction.
- Proactively manage the Client's directly appointed Design Team to ensure program deadlines are met for key stages of design delivery.
- Regularly report progress to the client team on program, cost, and quality.
- Closely liaise with all key university and local authority stakeholders to assist in agreeing on layouts and finalising the design.